PBBA has a dedicated Board of volunteer Directors who have worked hard to make PBBA successful in supporting the business community.
The directors have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in different areas of business and community engagement. We have established good links with local businesses, the Bangladesh High Commission in the UK and the British Embassy in Bangladesh. We have valuable links with local business chambers both in the UK and Bangladesh and continue to maintain these strong links and close co-operation.
PBBA aims to:
- To support local businesses and strengthen economic ties between Portsmouth and Bangladesh.
- To encourage ‘TIES’ Trade, Investment, Education and Sustainability between Portsmouth and Bangladesh.
- Promote positive connections to foster a healthy thriving business community in Portsmouth
- Encourage an exchange of ideas, new goods, services as well as networking and looking at research and development opportunities.
- Motivate entrepreneurs and give them the support to create great new ideas and innovations.
- Connect and support Portsmouth Businesses into the international market.
- Preference to the use of new and sustainable technology and resources for efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- Collaborate with Portsmouth City Council and the University of Portsmouth as well as other business organisations to deliver joint projects.
- Promote PBBA and encourage membership and networking opportunities.
Board of Directors
Mr Raja Ali
Mrs Shipa Ahmed Khan
Mr Mohammad Miah
Mrs Rowshonara Reza
Mrs Salina Ahmed
Executive Board Members
Mr Faz Ahmed
Mr Samuj Ali
Mr Kadir Miah
Mr Mosud Miah