Support local businesses and strengthen
economic ties between Portsmouth and Bangladesh
Proudly Working With
PBBA (Portsmouth Bangladesh Business Association) is a not for profit organisation, PBBA formed to support local businesses and strengthen economic ties between Portsmouth and Bangladesh.
PBBA is working with Portsmouth City Council the University of Portsmouth and other local organisations to promote Portsmouth as a successful city for business and education.
- Encourage an exchange of ideas, new goods, services as well as networking and looking at research and development opportunities.
- Motivate entrepreneurs and give them the support to create great new ideas and innovations.
- Connect and support Portsmouth Businesses into the international market.
- Preference to the use of new and sustainable technology and resources for efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- Collaborate with Portsmouth City Council and the University of Portsmouth as well as other business organisations to deliver joint projects.
- Promote PBBA and encourage membership and networking opportunities.
PBBA will offer support in the following ways:
- PBBA will hold networking events and meetings to engage in positive interaction between the local community and all businesses.
- Offer training opportunities for local businesses to support business scalability, development and expertise.
- Act as a support network and resource for businesses.
- Disseminate information to the local business community which may be helpful for their development.
- We will offer support to existing, new and start-up businesses and sign post to other relevant organisations.
- Support and encourage apprenticeships, entrepreneurship and more women into business, by linking and working together with other organisations.
- Deliver community based initiatives to be implemented and delivered in partnership with other local businesses, services and or providers.
- Voice the concerns of local businesses at different levels and with relevant organisations in order to ensure views are heard.
- Promote Portsmouth city and local businesses on various platforms.
Two times smaller than the UK but home to over 160 million people. What makes Bangladesh unique?